Thursday, September 11, 2014

Updated Iron Priest

I was pretty unhappy with how my Iron priest looked with a dinky little standard thunder hammer. The wolf shape was cool and wolfy, but I feel that an Iron priest should have a massive intimidating weapon. I picked up a set of 3rd party hammers from my LGS and started to kitbash. 

The handle is from a frost axe, which I used to extend the thunder hammer. The new length is close to the height of the hammer the actual Iron Priest model has. I am really happy with the new look, though I wish I could have easily had the hand up higher on the grip. 




3 comments:

  1. You have GOT to help me out, where did you come up with that head and shoulder pad at? I've been thinking about buying a finecast IP and cutting off the legs but dealing with the bolter arm has been quite frightening. It's brilliant, Brilliant, BRILLIANT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      The head, shoulders and chest are all from the new flyer! The pilot is pretty much a plastic iron priest.

      Delete
  2. That's amazing! Thanks SO MUCH for sharing that. I'll be looking for a set of those directly! Awesome find, I never would have looked there for that...

    ReplyDelete