Friday, May 8, 2015

Revision 3, and upcoming game against Necrons

I have been tinkering with my list for a bit now. I feel that the Ulrik+Flyer unit is just too expensive. While on paper it seemed like it would be great with drop pods, it felt really lacking. However I do feel that the flyer is an important part of the list, as it is the only anti air I have.
For an upcoming game, I am lending a friend my Necrons, so he can see if they are an army he likes. I think it is a great opportunity to measure TWC against void claws. Obviously the Void claws have a bigger place in a Null deployment list, but more drop pods are a few models down in the list of purchases my armies need. So here is my new list:

Rune priest on bike: Runic armor, ML2, melta bombs
Twin Auto cannon dreadnought
Iron Priest on TWC
10 GH in pod with melta
10 GH in pod with melta
10 GH in pod with flamer, deathwind missile launcher
4 TWC: claw/shield, pistol/shield, pistol/claw, pistol/fist
5 Void claws

Without being able to plop an IC in with void claws, it will force me to make a pod unit for my HQ, which may end up being a defensive ulrik alpha strike. Then the next turn a plasma pod drops down close enough for the preferred enemy. Until I get at least 2 more pods though, I can't easily do that.
The TWC will obviously not work in a null deployment, My last game against Orks showed what that might look like.


I was very worried they would seize the initiative and all would go to hell. This time it will be a dreadnought and some wolves, instead of the flyer though. 
In the long run, I feel that my list will eventually have 5 pods, 2 melta, 2 plasma, 1 flamer, void claws and the flyer. Even the void claws might be dropped though, as with TDA saves, you either make them all, or horribly fail them all, and my failures have been high. 
Until I have the units I need to replace them, and until I feel the need to be as competitive as possible without a full TWC death star, my void claws will be in my list. I like them as a unit far too much. 


The painting as been coming along nicely as well! Last night I applied the gradient on the claws to all of my wolf claws, and attempted the "force" look people do with opposite gradients. I think I like how it came out. Just a few more steps closer to having a painted army!

No comments:

Post a Comment