Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The future of the Wolves, and some forgotten blood claws.

So I have been combing what little I have posted, as I have finally started to keep record of each Space Wolf on my phone. This way I can easily make note of impressive feats and song worthy battles. While doing so I noticed I had left a bit of a stray pack behind.

Knud, Fafnir, Garin and Ulkoa are still alive and well, but still blood claws. With a new batch from the caverns having already started, a new set of trials will have to wait for these few. I started to think, maybe these few just are not meant to be grey hunters. Perhaps they would be better suited as Thunderwolf cavalry, or long fangs (I know, young long fangs and all). Or maybe they just need one last chance to prove they have what it takes? A small group of blood claws, stranded behind enemy lines, outnumbered and outgunned.

As for the future of the wolves (no it isn't bad news) I have been torn on an army list. I like to plan out my armies before I make the big purchases, it's an expensive game after all! I have decided on drop pod wolves as my starter army. Alpha striking is something I miss dearly from my daemons. It doesn't just end with that though. What would be interesting about bland and basic infantry spam? That wouldn't be very awesome at all. So I will be using Blood angel allies, they will count as 13th company. The allied contingent will be made of:
Reclusiarch, using the 2003 gamesday wolf priest
Death company, using the old metal Wulfen models
optional inclusions
Death company Dreadnought, thinking about the FW dread, still unsure
Storm raven gunship (but this baby is expensive!)

The general idea will be something like

Rune priest
7 GH pod wolf standard, plasma gun
7 GH pod wolf standard, plasma gun
7 GH pod wolf standard, melta gun
7 GH pod wolf standard, melta gun
7 GH pod wolf standard, melta gun
7 GH pod wolf standard, flamer
Reclusiarch
7 death company, pod
Death company Dreadnought, blood talons, pod

This is a 1500pt rough list. There is a good chance I will remove 1 of those GH units so I can flesh out the rest with more fancy stuff, like MotW, power fists, and all that fun jazz. Every game, 13th company will be held in reserves, while the wolves do the alpha dropping.




No comments:

Post a Comment