Monday, October 27, 2014

Finally another update!



I picked up a set of cheap walmart brushes with long tips, similar to the expensive brushes I bought at my LGS. I wanted to make sure I could properly care for and use the brush before I destroy the expensive ones with ignorance. 

The result was great! I never thought that a $4 pack of 6 brushes would be anything aside from frustrating and would fray/break easily. I was able to paint teeth, for the first time ever! I am very satisfied with the quality of faces I have been able to produce with the new brushes. I have 5 more on the way and should have 6 fully painted space wolves by the end of the week. Only something like 34 more to go!
 I also sat down and did some converting. I have had this bit, this jawbone, for a while. Never knowing what to do with it. So I sucked it up and went to work. Using some new x-acto blades, I trimmed a chainsword down. Then I drilled an oval hole where the blade was. I modified the jawbone to fit into the hole, and the result is below! My Krakenbone Sword!
.



Lastly, I managed to score a rather large haul of Space Wolves on Craigs list for about $150. Ill be rubbing that in everyones faces when it arrives today, as its +600 worth of minis! With this score I have 10 dreadnoughts, more than enough to run my all walker army!



No comments:

Post a Comment