Friday, November 21, 2014

Thunderwolves and dreadnoughts! Also a 3000pt mini batrep!

 Recently teamed up with my friend to make a 3000pt space wolves army. We fought against Orks and Daemons. The highlights of the game were as follows:

  • 4 TWC getting the charge on a warboss, painboy, and 4 meganobs. I reduced the warboss to one wound and the TWC powerfist killed everything else (we play S10 out here) The next round the warboss finished him off, but was quickly caught by another TWC unit. 
  • Stormwolf with Ulrik and a wolf standard unit flew on right over 30 grey hunters. Who rapid fired into Be'lakor, taking him down to 1 wound, Be'lakor charged, killed 4 GH, and the remaining 6 took him down with a terrifying 24 attacks with preferred enemy. 
  • 4 TWC SLAUGHTERED 20 flesh hounds, taking absolutely no damage in doing so. Belakor failed to cast invisibility on them TWICE. The daemon player was upset to say the least, considering he used +7 dice both times. 
In the end, the game was a draw, at turn 3, 6 hours later. If we had kept going, I believe the wolves would have taken a victory. 20 grey hunters + ulrik and friends would charge the lord of change, getting about 90 attacks. Stormwolf would hover away and pop some vehicles, the remaining 2 TWC would be fighting about 12 orks, and may have lived or died, the dreadnought in their back field would kill a heavy support vehicle for another objective. 


As for the other stuff! Here is my first serious attempt at a multicolored thunderwolf. I am thinking about doing another set of them in black/grey/white.


Thanks to a generous GK player (the daemon player from the battle report) I now own a grey knights hammer. I was able to convert it for use on a dreadnought!


Also, finally owning an SM ironclad style dreadnought makes me pretty happy. I really dig the look of this dude. Fun fact, the dreadnought Axe is very similar in size to the dreadknight hammer. 

Lastly, my dreadnought army is almost finished. I am waiting on the FW ironclad to arrive and I will have 9, the maximum allowed by company of the great wolf. 



I just nee to buy more drop pods!

1 comment:

  1. That's an impressive lineup of Dreadnoughts there sir but I do have one question... WHERE'S THE HELLFIRE!!! I can only say that as you have nearly every other option ready to field. WOW, loving the old-school Bjorn, when you pick that one up there's never ANY question as to which one you've got.

    The Thunderwolf came out BEAUTIFULLY! When I painted my first one I followed the GW tutorial on youtube. Quite pleased with the result when I was done but my first thought was... "This would look GREAT in gray, black and white!" heh heh heh

    As far as S10 goes, MY rules are TWC are S10, characters that ADD a Thunderwolf are S9. As of yet though I haven't gotten a game in with him though :(

    ReplyDelete