Thursday, March 19, 2015

Morkai's Claws and 32mm bases!

So a while ago GW released the BA and Necrons on 32mm bases. Alike just about everyone else, I was a bit skeptical, a bit peeved, and just a bit intrigued. So I bought some from my LGS and gave them a whirl.

First off, it is way easier to write the names of all my wolves on the bottom. Second, the minis look more cinematic and you have more room for unique basing! For my Necrons, I no longer have to break their ankles! The bad part is that 10 cost something like $5, and I don't want to spend +$25 on new bases for my wolves and +30-50 on new bases for my Necrons. So I went on ebay and bought 120 laser cut wooden 32mm bases for $8 ($16 with shipping) Pretty sure I am set for the long run.

With all that being said, I have been painting a lot of different things lately. My Glotkin, Maggoth Lord, Blightkings, and Necrons have all been getting attention lately. Having so many SW in various levels of painted, I really just need to sit down one at a time and get them done. I did have a chance to finish a conversion I had been wanting to do for a while. Morkai's Claws! Such an awesome relic! Sure, nothing insane, but Maul is a sweet special rule.




I created these from the Warp Talons kit. Picked up the model I wanted off ebay. Both arms are magnetized so I can run these suckers on anything but a TDA. TWC WGBL/Lord is the main idea. I just wanted to show them off on an almost finished mini. I still have a little shading to do, but I am really happy with how they came out!

No comments:

Post a Comment